Welcome to Mount Vernon United Methodist Church
Where All the People are Ministers of Christ
Mt. Vernon United Methodist Church has been in ministry to Jesus Christ and the greater Williamsburg community for over 135 years. We’re known as the small church with a very big heart! We offer a traditional style of worship, using the United Methodist Hymnal with organ and piano music. Our choir under the direction of Mrs. Carol Kendall delivers both traditional and praise anthems.
Our vision is to seek to live and share the Gospel of Jesus Christ, to nurture persons of all ages and circumstances for faithful discipleship, and to transform faith into service to others.
Third Sunday After Epiphany Worship Service - January 22, 2023
- Trustee Meeting: Friday, January 27th at 10AM in the fellowship hall.
- Finance Meeting: Wednesday, February 1st at 2PM in the fellowship hall.
- Administrative Council Meeting: Wednesday, February 1st at 2:30 PM in the fellowship hall.
- Olaf’s Food Pantry: Please consider donating these items or monies to the food pantry: Pasta Roni, Banquet-Complete meal, Hamburger Helper, Tuna Helper, El Paso Taco kit, toilet paper, feminine hygiene products.
- Thank you letters were received from UMCOR, Proclaiming Grace Outreach, & Williamsburg House of Mercy for the generous donations they received over the last couple months.
- Bridge Group: 10 a.m.-1 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.- 8 p.m. Tuesdays, Fellowship Hall.
Worship With Us!
Please join us on Sunday mornings!
Worship service at 10:15 a.m.
Sunday School at 9:15 a.m.
Mt. Vernon News Blast
Read our weekly newsletter showing upcoming events and this week’s scripture.
Join us for fun and fellowship!
James City Chapel Cemetery
The James City Chapel Cemetery is a ministry of Mt. Vernon UMC.
In 2022 Mt. Vernon church observed its 135-year anniversary!
Open hearts, open minds,
From current & former members
I just wanted to thank all of your for the wonderful gifts that you sent me, as I recover from surgery. The prayer shawl is lovely—it touched my heart so! The Brunswick stew, and that terrific chicken soup have just been wonderful. I came as a stranger to your church in December, and you embraced me as a friend. You personify what it means to be “in Christ.” Again all my thanks—I will see you soon.
Why do I love Mt. Vernon? I love Mt. Vernon because Mt. Vernon embodied all that the church can be to the world! The church is where we have a sense of belonging, being connected to one another, in our common goal of knowing Christ and of living a life pleasing to Him.
From Our Facebook Friends
Yes, this is the church family you are looking for!
Love my church and church family!
This is a great Church with friendly, loving people!