Welcome to Mount Vernon United Methodist Church
Where All the People are Ministers of Christ
Mt. Vernon United Methodist Church has been in ministry to Jesus Christ and the greater Williamsburg community for over 135 years. We’re known as the small church with a very big heart! We offer a traditional style of worship, using the United Methodist Hymnal with organ and piano music. Our choir under the direction of Mrs. Carol Kendall delivers both traditional and praise anthems.
Our vision is to seek to live and share the Gospel of Jesus Christ, to nurture persons of all ages and circumstances for faithful discipleship, and to transform faith into service to others.
Sunday Worship Service - December 3, 2023
- Fellowship Time: The 3rd Sunday of every month there will be a Fellowship Time after the Sunday Service.
- Finance Meeting: Will be held Wednesday, December 6th at 2PM.
- Administrative Council Meeting: Will be held Wednesday, December 6th at 2:30PM.
- S/PPRC Meeting: Will be held Monday, December 11th at 10:30AM.
- Cereal…Cereal: We will concentrate on collecting ONLY cereal donations to St. Olaf’s & PGO Food Pantries, so please consider picking up an extra box or two of cereal each week and deposit it in the basket in the narthex. It’s a need that we can help to fulfill. Thanks!
- The Cemetery Association: Those who would be so moved can contribute to the fund for the “Cemetery Fence Replacement.” The total replacement cost is around $10,000. Average price per foot is $13.00 for a two rail fence. The Cemetery association is a 501-(C)3 fund.
- Bridge Group: .10 a.m.-1 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.- 8 p.m. Tuesdays, Fellowship Hall
Worship With Us!
Please join us on Sunday mornings!
Worship service at 10:15 a.m.
Sunday School at 9:15 a.m.
Mt. Vernon News Blast
Read our weekly newsletter showing upcoming events and this week’s scripture.
Join us for fun and fellowship!
James City Chapel Cemetery
The James City Chapel Cemetery is a ministry of Mt. Vernon UMC.
In 2023 Mt. Vernon church observed its 136-year anniversary!
Open hearts, open minds,
From current & former members
I just wanted to thank all of your for the wonderful gifts that you sent me, as I recover from surgery. The prayer shawl is lovely—it touched my heart so! The Brunswick stew, and that terrific chicken soup have just been wonderful. I came as a stranger to your church in December, and you embraced me as a friend. You personify what it means to be “in Christ.” Again all my thanks—I will see you soon.
Why do I love Mt. Vernon? I love Mt. Vernon because Mt. Vernon embodied all that the church can be to the world! The church is where we have a sense of belonging, being connected to one another, in our common goal of knowing Christ and of living a life pleasing to Him.
From Our Facebook Friends
Yes, this is the church family you are looking for!
Love my church and church family!
This is a great Church with friendly, loving people!